From the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains to the Chesapeake Bay, Virginia is rich in gorgeous scenery, and a history dating back to the 13 original colonies. But it shares one thing with every other state… aging infrastructure that can lead to unforeseen damages to service lines for residents. That’s why so many communities throughout Virginia have turned to HomeServe programs to help their residents in their times of need.
Most homeowners don’t realize they are responsible for the water and sewer lines from the street to their meter, and are shocked to find they must pay to repair damage caused by age, tree roots, and other issues. Planning ahead and having a warranty program in place to cover these costs can make all the difference when an unexpected emergency occurs.
In fact, in Virginia we have:
- A Partnership with the Virginia Municipal League;
- 19 Municipal and Water Utility Partners;
- A Partnership with Virginia Rural Water Association;
- Over 300,000 Active Water-Related Protection Plans.
- Saved homeowners in your state over $14 million in water-related costs since 2017.
Nationally, we have saved customers over $1.1 billion over the past three years.
HomeServe Cares Foundation
At HomeServe, caring is in the fabric of our corporate culture. Which is why we are committed to putting people at the heart of everything we do, and that includes our corporate social responsibility. We actively support and care for People, Veterans, the Common Good and Communities, both locally and nationwide with the HomeServe Cares Foundation.
Click below to see what happened when a customer didn’t have enough coverage to completely address all his issues, and HomeServe activated the Customer First program and covered them without any charge to the customer.
More Virginia Information
- NLC Endorsement
- VML Endorsement
- VRWA Endorsement
- Webinars, Podcasts & Roundtables
- Upcoming Events
- Press Releases & Blog
Click the endorsement letter below to download
Webinar: Virginia’s Aging Infrastructure: Challenges and Solutions for Municipalities, Utilities & Homeowners
- Water Line Repaired for Virginia Parents-To-Be Weeks Before Baby’s Arrival (10/5/2022) - Nathan C. of Midlothian, Virginia and his wife were thrown a curveball when their water line started to leak. In late August, Nathan C. of Midlothian, Virginia was on the […]
- Public-Private Partnerships May Be Solution to Aging Infrastructure (7/10/2020) - Infrastructure is aging, the national deficit is growing and tax revenue has taken a hit from COVID-19. Many communities are wondering where they will find the funds to provide basic […]
- The Fallout From Service Line Failures (12/4/2018) -
- Water Conservation: Partnering With Ratepayers To Reduce Costs (9/12/2018) - Potable water is valuable and requires time, labor and resources to produce and deliver to ratepayers, and water utilities are expected to maintain a constant, clean supply with aging infrastructure […]
- Water Theft: Leaks Aren’t The Only Way To Lose (8/28/2018) - Providing clean, potable water to your residents isn’t an inexpensive or simple proposition, but many residents don’t understand the process – they turn on the tap, and they have water. […]
- Program Highlights (10/20/2015) - The fall campaign is in full swing and seeing great success! We welcomed 47 new cities into the program from across North America. In the United States, the program saw […]
- The young man who was sent to take care of my plumbing problem was very knowledgeable and friendly. He took care of everything. I also spoke to a nice young lady afterwards and she explained what the next step (if needed) would involve. – C. Drager, Sterling VA
- Everything went perfectly getting my hot water heater replaced, thank you HomeServe!! – D. Vasconcellos, Virginia Beach VA
- Repair person was wonderful. Came on time and resolved my issue quickly. I recommend HomeServe to anyone in need of appliance repair. – E. Williams, Reston VA
- Workers arrived in time, kept me informed, and did an excellent job. – J. Nash, Richmond VA