Skiers flock to Utah for the best snow in the country, while other outdoor activity lovers take advantage of the beautiful and varied natural landscape of the Great Salt Lake. Perhaps the most unique fact of the Beehive State is that it is known as the Jello Capital of the world! But it shares one thing with every other state… aging infrastructure that can lead to unforeseen damages to service lines for residents. That’s why so many communities throughout Utah have turned to HomeServe programs to help their residents in their times of need.
Most homeowners don’t realize they are responsible for the water and sewer lines from the street to their meter, and are shocked to find they must pay to repair damage caused by age, tree roots, and other issues. Planning ahead and having a warranty program in place to cover these costs can make all the difference when an unexpected emergency occurs.
In fact, in Utah we have:
- A Partnership with the Utah League of Cities and Towns;
- A Partnership with the Rural Water Association of Utah;
- 18 Municipal and Water Utility Partners;
- Over 70,500 Active Water-Related Protection Plans.
- Saved homeowners in your state over $7 million in water-related costs since 2017.
Nationally, we have saved customers over $1.1 billion over the past three years.
HomeServe Cares Foundation
At HomeServe, caring is in the fabric of our corporate culture. Which is why we are committed to putting people at the heart of everything we do, and that includes our corporate social responsibility. We actively support and care for People, Veterans, the Common Good and Communities, both locally and nationwide with the HomeServe Cares Foundation.
Click below to learn more about the emergency that required Stott Plumbing, a HomeServe USA network contractor, to replace a complete sewer service line in one day for Helen T. of Salt Lake City.
More Utah Information
Click the endorsement letter below to download
- NLC Service Line Warranty Program and Orem, Utah, Celebrate Service Milestone (5/3/2022) - What a week it’s been – and it’s only Wednesday! This week, I had the pleasure of joining my colleague Steve Bieranowski in the City of Orem, Utah to meet […]
- Water Conservation More Important than Ever During Drought (9/3/2021) -
- What Royalty Payments Can Do For Your City (6/26/2019) - Partnering with the NLC Service Line Warranty Program (previously Utility Service Partners or USP) by HomeServe educates homeowners about their service line responsibilities and enhances their peace of mind. As […]
- Rebuilding Sewage and Water Infrastructure Is Urgently Needed Publicly and Privately (2/12/2019) - That our national sewage and water infrastructure is in dire shape is no surprise to anyone – nearly ten years ago, the New York Times wrote an article warning of the […]
- NLC Service Line Warranty Program Helps Salt Lake Resident With Problem Sewer Line (11/7/2018) - Helen T. of Salt Lake City knew she needed to do something about her sewer line – it had gotten to the point that she had to have it cleaned […]
- All-abilities Playground Built Through Community Effort in Partner City Orem, Utah (6/6/2018) - The All Together Playground in Orem, Utah, is the first of its kind in Utah County, and on the crest of a movement to make play accessible to all children. […]
- Is Your State Running Out Of Water? (11/10/2015) - Fall has arrived in the US, but the summer drought still drags on for many areas of the nation – with a few states in danger of running out of […]
“Being able to provide this service to our residents has given both homeowners and the City an answer to a problem that existed in our community. Until this partnership, many in the City didn’t know about their responsibility as it relates to the water and sewer lateral. We would consistently receive phone calls from residents who needed a repair on their laterals, only to find out that this is their responsibility. With our partnership, we proactively contact homeowners and provide them with the information they need to know to make an informed decision about covering their water and sewer laterals.” – Steven Downs, Deputy City Manager, Orem UT
- HomeServe was top rate,from their office staff to getting me set up with the plumber I needed. All excellent! – B. Peterson, Salt Lake City UT
- I’ve been with HomeServe around two years and had to call them maybe four times. They’ve been excellent every time. – J. Jarrett, Salt Lake City UT
- So enjoyed working with you to get the job done. Nice people! Thank you for organizing everything. – H. Thatcher, Salt Lake City UT