The employees of Utility Service Partners (USP) are focusing on reducing their stress in the workplace and beyond this week. We invite you to join us in learning about stress and exploring different ways to help reduce stress every day.
Many people face stress on a daily basis, and it can affect different people in different ways. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, there are at least three different types of stress: routine stress, stress brought on by a sudden negative change, and traumatic stress. All three types of stress carry both mental and physical health risks, and it is important to recognize when you are experiencing these stressors so you are better able to use techniques to reduce their effects. Over time, continued stress may lead to serious health problems such as heart disease, high blood pressure, anxiety and other illnesses.
Managing the amount of stress you have and reducing future stress is critical to leading a happy and healthy life. Try utilizing some of these stress management techniques:
- Exercise regularly – just 30 minutes per day of gentle walking.
- Meditate for five minutes. Sit up straight with both feet on the floor and focus on your breathing.
- Laugh. When it comes to stress, laughter can be the best medicine.
- Listen to music. Soothing tunes to help relax or blowing off some steam to some hard rock will both reduce your stress.
- Slow down and take time to focus on the things around you.
For more ways to reduce stress, check out these suggestions from WebMD and the Mayo Clinic.
We hope you can find ways to reduce the stress in your daily life. USP’s service line warranty program can help reduce stress involved with service line failure. Visit www.utilitysp.net to find out how to provide your residents peace of mind and a stress-free repair process.