Originally posted by Traci Peterson, Arlington Water Utilities on Friday, November 19, 2021
The Arlington Water Utilities Care and Share Fund helps Arlington families that are facing financial challenges to pay their city services bills. With the holidays right around the corner, now is a great time to contribute to the fund and help your neighbors.
One hundred percent of the donations received for the Care and Share Fund will be applied directly to the accounts of residents in need. Three nonprofits pre-qualify residents for help. Those are Mission Arlington, Arlington Urban Ministries, and Catholic Charities of Fort Worth. The water department has distributed $196,159 from the fund since July 2020, helping 853 water and sewer customers.
Those hoping to donate to the fund can do so in several ways:
- Click on the Partnerships for Arlington tab when you visit the Arlington Water Utilities online account portal at ArlingtonTX.gov/KnowYourH2O or click here to go directly to the Partnerships for Arlington quick pay link. You will need your Arlington Water Utilities account number. (Choose the echeck option to donate with no credit card convenience fee.)
- Check the box on the payment slip when you mail your payment and add a donation.
- Print the Charitable Contribution Form (pdf), fill it out, and return it to us with your next regular payment.
- Ask a customer service representative at one of our offices to add a Care and Share donation to your payment.
In addition to donations from residents, the Care and Share Fund also receives a yearly donation from the Service Line Warranties of America as part of a contract between the company and Arlington Water Utilities. The company has individually donated more than $250,000 to the Care and Share Fund since the beginning of the contract.
Are you in need of assistance? To see if you meet income guidelines and other requirements for bill assistance, you contact one of the following agencies:
- Catholic Charities of Fort Worth – call 817-534-0814 or visit www.catholiccharitiesfortworth.org.
- Mission Arlington/Mission Metroplex – call 817-277-6620 or visit their emergency assistance webpage at www.missionarlington.org/emergency-assistance/.
- Arlington Urban Ministries – visit their webpage at www.arlingtonurbanministries.org.
For more information, visit ArlingtonTX.gov/CareandShare.