The Land of a Thousand Lakes is about more than just breath-taking views of Lake Superior and the start of the Mississippi River; it boasts a thriving metropolitan life and the biggest Mall in America! But it shares one thing with every other state… aging infrastructure that can lead to unforeseen damages to service lines for residents. That’s why so many communities throughout Minnesota have turned to the NLC Service Line Program by HomeServe to helpa their residents in their times of need.
Most homeowners don’t realize they are responsible for the water and sewer lines from the street to their meter, and are shocked to find they must pay to repair damage caused by age, tree roots, and other issues. Planning ahead and having a warranty program in place to cover these costs can make all the difference when an unexpected emergency occurs.
In fact, in Minnesota we have:
- 38 Municipal and Water Utility Partners;
- A Partnership with the Minnesota Rural Water Association;
- Over 10,000 Active Water-Related Protection Plans;
- Saved homeowners in your state over $676,000 in water-related costs since 2017.
Nationally, we have saved customers over $1.1 billion over the past three years.
HomeServe Cares Foundation
At HomeServe, caring is in the fabric of our corporate culture. Which is why we are committed to putting people at the heart of everything we do, and that includes our corporate social responsibility. We actively support and care for People, Veterans, the Common Good and Communities, both locally and nationwide with the HomeServe Cares Foundation.
Click below to see what happened when Itzel Perez Dominguez learned she was responsible for maintaining her water service line — after it began leaking. Luckily, the NLC Service Line Warranty Program heard about her predicament and came to her aid.
More Minnesota Information
- NLC Endorsement
- Minnesota RWA ServLine Letter
- Webinars, Roundtables & Podcasts
- Upcoming Events
- Press Releases & Blog
Click the endorsement letter below to download
When Peter B. of Edina, Minnesota, had a water line break, he avoided a costly repair because he was covered by the National League of Cities (NLC) Service Line Warranty Program.
“Your service was worth every penny,” he said. “We had a service line break in the dead of winter, wreaking havoc and ice everywhere.”
Peter’s decision to purchase a warranty for his water line saved him thousands of dollars. He noted that he paid $69 for a year, and, if he didn’t have home emergency protection, it would have cost him between $4,000 and $5,000 to have the break repaired.
Itzel Perez Dominguez considered the purchase of a home – her first – carefully. She knew she’d be responsible for the mortgage, homeowners insurance and taxes, and she reviewed her options thoroughly before committing to buying a home in Minneapolis.
Buying a home for her family was the culmination of a dream.
Itzel had been diligent and done everything right – or so she thought. What Itzel didn’t know was that she was now responsible for water and sewer service lines. In Minneapolis, many of those water service lines are lead, and city code requires that the entire water line be replaced, not patched, if there is a problem. In addition, the median year built for homes in the Minneapolis area is 1948, and 70 years later, many service lines are reaching the end of their usable lifespans.
But all of Itzel’s careful consideration and research didn’t tell her that, so when water began bubbling up from beneath the street, her troubles were only beginning.
- Positive Stories Offer Hope During Coronavirus Epidemic (4/2/2020) - With ever-increasing numbers of confirmed coronavirus cases, businesses shuttering, layoffs and furloughs, it is only natural that we seek out positive stories to counterbalance growing anxiety. The good news is […]
- Looking Back At 2016 (3/16/2017) - 2016 saw tremendous and exciting activity for the NLC Service Line Warranty Program! We welcomed 71 new city partners in the U.S., bringing our total to over 400 across North […]
- Program Highlights (10/20/2015) - The fall campaign is in full swing and seeing great success! We welcomed 47 new cities into the program from across North America. In the United States, the program saw […]
- Our sewer was backed up on a Saturday of all days.. After calling HomeServe, we had someone there to fix it within an hour to get everything working properly!! We couldn’t be more pleased with the service we were provided. – A. Roseboom, Rochester MN
- Very pleased with promptness & dedication of the service technician who came to work on the issue. He was pleasant & thorough in addressing the problem. – K. Zempel, Granite Falls MN
- Service was quick and reliable on both HomeServe’s end and that of the service company! Same day fix! – W. Frasier, Crookston MN