“There’s no place like home!”
When Dorothy uttered those famous words, she was talking about Kansas. Far from the black and white landscape portrayed in the movie, Kansas is known for its gorgeous sunflowers and its miles and miles of rolling farmland. But it shares one thing with every other state… aging infrastructure that can lead to unforeseen damages to service lines for residents. That’s why so many communities throughout Kansas have turned to the NLC Service Line Program by HomeServe to help their residents in their times of need.
Most homeowners don’t realize they are responsible for the water and sewer lines from the street to their meter, and are shocked to find they must pay to repair damage caused by age, tree roots, and other issues. Planning ahead and having a warranty program in place to cover these costs can make all the difference when an unexpected emergency occurs.
In fact, in Kansas we have:
- A Partnership with the League of Kansas Municipalities;
- 31 Municipal and Water Utility Partners;
- Over 38,000 Active Water-Related Protection Plans;
- Saved homeowners in your state over $3.3 million in water-related costs since 2017.
Nationally, we have saved customers over $1.1 billion over the past three years.
HomeServe Cares Foundation
At HomeServe, caring is in the fabric of our corporate culture. Which is why we are committed to putting people at the heart of everything we do, and that includes our corporate social responsibility. We actively support and care for People, Veterans, the Common Good and Communities, both locally and nationwide with the HomeServe Cares Foundation.
Click below to see what happened when Sunflower Service, a HomeServe USA network contractor, replaced a sewer line for a young, first-time homeowners in Wichita through the HomeServe Cares program.
More Kansas Information
Click the endorsement letter below to download
- Highland Cemetery Gets Hydrant Through HomeServe Cares Foundation (3/31/2020) - Highland Cemetery has been a landmark in Prairie Village, Kansas, since before the Civil War, when two local families, the Nalls and the Whites, established a family cemetery where the […]
- Kurt Bookout, Public Utilities Director, El Dorado, KS (9/24/2018) - SLW of America has done exactly what they claim and we have heard nothing but praise from our citizens for the program. The benefit for our City Sewer Department is fewer call-outs; because the homeowners' failing service lines are finally getting fixed. Local plumbers embraced the program and I have heard nothing but positive comments from them. I whole-heartedly endorse the NLC-USP program and feel it will continue to be a valuable approach to proactively addressing the problem of decaying water and sewer infrastructure. Kurt Bookout Public Utilities Director El Dorado, KS
- The NLC Service Line Warranty Program Helps A Young Couple With A Major Repair (5/8/2018) - Adam and Jennifer F. loved the first home they bought together, a historic 100 year old house in a quiet Wichita neighborhood – but they didn’t love the sewer line […]
- Six Tips To Help Residents Age In Place (4/25/2018) - Since Jan. 1, 2011, 10,000 Baby Boomers are eligible to retire daily, and Americans 65 and older will make up 19 percent of the population by 2030. Many of those […]
- Green Infrastructure: Three Key Concepts for Municipal Officials (4/5/2018) - As municipal officials look to improve infrastructure, rehabilitate distressed neighborhoods and make communities more livable, many are turning to green infrastructure, which uses existing infrastructure, such as parks, to contain […]
- Lead in Water: Utilities and Homeowners Must Both Have Skin In the Game to Protect Public Safety (6/15/2017) -
- NLC Service Line Program: Helping Municipal Infrastructure (10/26/2016) - The National League of Cities (NLC) Service Line Warranty Program helps residents of participating municipalities repair or replace thousands of water and sewer laterals every year. The program has helped […]
- Flashback Friday – Kansas City, Missouri Part Two (6/10/2016) - This week’s Flashback Friday continues our journey through beautiful Kansas City, Missouri (KCMO). We have already gained a wealth of history and knowledge at the National World War I Museum […]
- Flashback Friday – Kansas City, Missouri (6/3/2016) - For this week’s Flashback Friday, we are taking a journey to the City of Fountains; Kansas City, Missouri (KCMO). Kansas City is full of history and culture, and today we […]
- A Homeowner’s Tip For Conserving Water (5/5/2016) - This tip for conserving water comes from David C. of Kansas City, Missouri. He was the winner of our photo contest during Service Line Awareness Week. “I conserve water with […]
“One of the significant selling points for the City Council and staff was the National League of Cities endorsement. NLC did the homework and vetted the program before endorsing it for its member cities. I believe the letter from the City provided a trust factor that is not present through direct solicitation to residents from other warranty companies who send letters that give the appearance of coming from the city. So far the Program has delivered what they said they would to the City of Hutchinson. I would be happy to visit with anyone about the program and our experience here in Hutchinson.” – John Deardoff, City Manager, Hutchinson, KS
“The Service Line Warranty Program exceeded our expectations. For over six years, the program has been well received by our homeowners, and residents have been extremely satisfied with the service and savings when they had an issue. I have been impressed with their stellar customer service team that has been quick to respond to all issues and gone above and beyond to meet the needs of our residents.” – Jermaine Reed, Former City Councilmember, KCMO
- So very pleased with the customer service provided. I will definitely recommend. – D. Mcghee, Kansas City KS
- We have always had great services since we have had your warranty. From the customer service reps to the plumber who has been called out. We will always have you! – K. Burtin, El Dorado KS
- Just hours after I called, the service repair man was there. Totally taken care of with one phone call. Thank you. – P. Ridgway, El Dorado KS