When we think “state fair,” the image in our mind is always the infamous “Iowa State Fair,” where millions go each year to satisfy their craving for deep-fried everything and to see the sights. Iowa is also known for its political caucus, its sports, and its literary history. But it shares one thing with every other state… aging infrastructure that can lead to unforeseen damages to service lines for residents. That’s why so many communities throughout Iowa have turned to HomeServe programs to help their residents in their times of need.
Most homeowners don’t realize they are responsible for the water and sewer lines from the street to their meter, and are shocked to find they must pay to repair damage caused by age, tree roots, and other issues. Planning ahead and having a warranty program in place to cover these costs can make all the difference when an unexpected emergency occurs.
In fact, in Iowa we have:
- A Partnership with the Iowa League of Cities;
- A Partnership with Iowa Rural Water Association;
- 116 Municipal and Water Utility Partners;
- Over 100,000 Active Water-Related Protection Plans;
- Saved homeowners in your state over $9.5 million in water-related costs since 2017.
Nationally, we have saved customers over $1.1 billion over the past three years.
HomeServe Cares Foundation
At HomeServe, caring is in the fabric of our corporate culture. Which is why we are committed to putting people at the heart of everything we do, and that includes our corporate social responsibility. We actively support and care for People, Veterans, the Common Good and Communities, both locally and nationwide with the HomeServe Cares Foundation.
Click below to see what some of our customers had to say about HSCF.
More Iowa Information
- NLC Endorsement
- Iowa RWA Endorsement
- Webinars, Roundtables & Podcasts
- Featured Article
- Upcoming Events
- Press Releases & Blog
Click the endorsement letter below to download
Is COVID-19 Overloading Our Homes? with Ashley Shiwarski and Jim Hunt
- Cut Costs? Cities Lose Revenue to COVID-19 (6/16/2020) - One of the furthest reaching impacts of COVID-19; one many of your residents will likely not see until it’s playing out in its entirety; is how reduced tax collections will […]
- Coronavirus Presents Challenge to Municipal Officials (3/17/2020) - Federal health officials have left it up to state and local officials on what measures will be used to prevent or control a coronavirus outbreak in their communities. “Local and […]
- Program Highlights (10/20/2015) - The fall campaign is in full swing and seeing great success! We welcomed 47 new cities into the program from across North America. In the United States, the program saw […]
- In-home Plumbing Protection Available Through NLC Service Line Warranty Program (5/18/2015) - The NLC Service Line Warranty Program by HomeServe, formerly Utility Service Partners, Inc. (USP) is excited to announce the addition of a new product to the National League of Cities […]
- Climate Impacts On Water: Going To Extremes (11/3/2014) - by Carolyn Berndt Extreme weather events, extreme drought and extreme flooding are among the impacts that climate change is and will have on water quality and availability in cities. According […]
“Whenever I engage with citizens of our community, I always recommend the sewer warranty program. It is inexpensive and a great first-line defense to help homeowners combat high cost repairs and procedures that most don’t budget for. It’s a great piece of mind to protect something we don’t normally think of or take for granted until it’s too late.” – Troy McGahuey, Sewer Superintendent, Marshalltown Iowa
- The plumbing company called a day sooner than I was told they would; they arrived promptly after they called to say they were on the way and the work was completed quickly and efficiently. They kept us informed as they worked. Great experience. – G. Loy, Ottumwa IA
- They were kind and knowledgeable. The customer service representative answered my questions quickly and I got the information I needed and wanted. – K. Anderson, Sioux City IA
- Our 100 year-old sewer line broke in the morning. I called the company and described the problem. They contacted a service company in the area and told me the service company would call within 3 hours to schedule repairs. The service company called within the hour. They were there most of the afternoon, replacing the cast-iron pipe with PVC. They showed me what they had done and thanked me for using them. The entire experience was very well done. All i had to was make the initial call to report the problem. They took care of everything else. – N. Nichols, De Witt IA