Every fast car enthusiast knows that the pinnacle of racing is the Indy 500, and that’s just one of the many unique offerings of the State of Indiana. But it shares one thing with every other state… aging infrastructure that can lead to unforeseen damages to service lines for residents. That’s why so many communities throughout Indiana have turned to HomeServe programs to help their residents in their times of need.
Most homeowners don’t realize they are responsible for the water and sewer lines from the street to their meter, and are shocked to find they must pay to repair damage caused by age, tree roots, and other issues. Planning ahead and having a warranty program in place to cover these costs can make all the difference when an unexpected emergency occurs.
In fact, we have the following in the Hoosier State:
- A Partnership with Accelerate Indiana Municipalities;
- A Partnership with Alliance of Indiana Rural Water;
- 30 Municipal and Water Utility Partners;
- Over 20,000 Active Water-Related Protection Plans;
- Saved homeowners in your state over $2 million in water-related costs since 2017.
Nationally, we have saved customers over $1.1 billion over the past three years.
HomeServe Cares Foundation
At HomeServe, caring is in the fabric of our corporate culture. Which is why we are committed to putting people at the heart of everything we do, and that includes our corporate social responsibility. We actively support and care for People, Veterans, the Common Good and Communities, both locally and nationwide with the HomeServe Cares Foundation.
Click below to see what some of our customers had to say about HSCF.
More Indiana Information
- NLC Endorsement
- AIC Endorsement
- AIRW Endorsement
- Webinars, Roundtables & Podcasts
- Upcoming Events
- Press Releases & Blog
Click the endorsement letter below to download
Webinar: Indiana’s Aging Infrastructure: Challenges and Solutions for Municipalities, Utilities & Homeowners
- Smart Move Saves Gary Woman Nearly $3,300 on Sewer Line Repair (7/20/2022) - Kelly B. of Gary, Indiana, built her business by making smart choices, and when she received a call from a tenant about a slow drain, she knew that enrolling her […]
- Community Roundtable: Addressing New Challenges from COVID-19 – Moderated by the NLC (5/27/2020) - Public servants and business leaders will discuss the new challenges that cities face in managing the COVID-19 epidemic and how to best face those challenges in a community roundtable moderated […]
- Positive Stories Offer Hope During Coronavirus Epidemic (4/2/2020) - With ever-increasing numbers of confirmed coronavirus cases, businesses shuttering, layoffs and furloughs, it is only natural that we seek out positive stories to counterbalance growing anxiety. The good news is […]
- Program Highlights (10/20/2015) - The fall campaign is in full swing and seeing great success! We welcomed 47 new cities into the program from across North America. In the United States, the program saw […]
- From the initial call to the very last l encounter very professional and helpful people. I felt that the people I spoke to treated me as if my problem was theirs. Great customer service – M. Simpson, Indianapolis IN
- Once I called Homeserve with my drainage problem, I got a call from a local plumber within 15 minutes. The young man came out, identified himself, then promptly came in and inspected the area, then went to work. It took about an hour to complete the job. I haven’t had any trouble since. – J. Bray, Gary IN