The Prairie State is diverse in so many ways; from the skyscrapers of its big cities to its rolling farmland and prairies. But it shares one thing with every other state… aging infrastructure that can lead to unforeseen damages to service lines for residents. That’s why so many communities throughout Illinois have turned to HomeServe programs to help their residents in their times of need.
Most homeowners don’t realize they are responsible for the water and sewer lines from the street to their meter, and are shocked to find they must pay to repair damage caused by age, tree roots, and other issues. Planning ahead and having a warranty program in place to cover these costs can make all the difference when an unexpected emergency occurs.
In fact, in Illinois we have:
- 50 Municipal and Water Utility Partners;
- A Partnership with Illinois Rural Water Association;
- Over 27,600 Active Water-Related Protection Plans;
- Saved homeowners in your state over $3.2 million in water-related costs since 2017.
Nationally, we have saved customers over $1.1 billion over the past three years.
HomeServe Cares Foundation
At HomeServe, caring is in the fabric of our corporate culture. Which is why we are committed to putting people at the heart of everything we do, and that includes our corporate social responsibility. We actively support and care for People, Veterans, the Common Good and Communities, both locally and nationwide with the HomeServe Cares Foundation.
Click below to see what happened when HomeServe and Rockland Plumbing helped a World War II and Korean War veteran whose sewer service line backed up and left six inches of grey water in his basement.
More Illinois Information
- NLC Endorsement
- Illinois RWA ServLine Letter
- Case Studies
- Partner Testimonials
- Upcoming Events
- Press Releases & Blog
Click the endorsement letter below to download
Case Study: Waukegan, Illinois
Paul T. of Waukegan, Illinois, a 96-year-old World War II and Korean War veteran, was living his retirement years surrounded by his family. He shared his home with the children he had raised there and his grandchild. Having his family around him helped the older veteran address health issues, including asthma and being on oxygen.
Michael Rogers, Trustee, Village of Maywood, IL
- Positive Stories Offer Hope During Coronavirus Epidemic (4/2/2020) - With ever-increasing numbers of confirmed coronavirus cases, businesses shuttering, layoffs and furloughs, it is only natural that we seek out positive stories to counterbalance growing anxiety. The good news is […]
- Coronavirus Presents Challenge to Municipal Officials (3/17/2020) - Federal health officials have left it up to state and local officials on what measures will be used to prevent or control a coronavirus outbreak in their communities. “Local and […]
- Infrastructure Needs and Stretched Budgets Addressed by P3s (3/27/2019) - Our infrastructure is aging, our national deficit growing and our tax revenue just isn’t up to the task – not without politically unpopular and potentially devastating increases. So public-private partnerships, or […]
- In-home Plumbing Protection Available Through NLC Service Line Warranty Program (5/18/2015) - The NLC Service Line Warranty Program by HomeServe, formerly Utility Service Partners, Inc. (USP) is excited to announce the addition of a new product to the National League of Cities […]
“The Service Line Warranty program has worked very well for many of our City’s residents. Given that many of our residents are retired and of limited resources, having the peace of mind by knowing that a possible high cost item will be managed professionally, is comforting. We recommend this regularly to residents.” – Ed Wilmes, Public Works Director, City of North Chicago, IL
“Having worked with SLWA for the last 4 years, the Village of Hanover Park has found them to be very customer focused and extremely responsive to our residents. Those who have had a repair incident have been very satisfied with the speed and quality of the technician who services the claim, and they were relieved to avoid significant out-of-pocket expenses. This is important protection for homeowners and I always share with my peers how every city in Illinois should have this program.” – Rodney S. Craig, Village President, Village of Hanover Park
- We received fast, friendly service when we called and a repair person was out the next day. Thank you! – Julie A., Northfield IL
- The plumbing company called right away and advised me of the time that they would be at my house the next day. They were right on time, did the repair and was gone in 20 minutes. Excellent service. – Kevin V., Decatur IL
- Our contractor was the best!! Loved how informative he was to us and how easily he fixed our issues, cleaned up is mess too. Would recommend 100%. – Miguel R., Chicago IL